Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mormonism: Trusting Christ

Mormonism: Trusting Jesus Christ



Mormonism emphasizes a personal, trusting relationship with Jesus Christ. Mormonism acknowledges that people will face many varied trials in their lives -- especially if they are actively following God's will. Satan aggressively attacks those who are committed to God with many forms of discouragement. These forms challenge our faith to extreme measures sometimes. We must trust in Jesus Christ's teachings and promises in order that our faith is not destroyed through satan's buffetings. When we let go of that trust, we lose faith in Christ.

Trusting in man or God?

I have found it is difficult to always remember to trust Christ in all I do. I love learning and have sought wisdom from instructors and classes of various kinds, self-help books, life coaching, friends, and even tv talk shows. There is much knowledge and good information in these sources, yet looking back, I realize I put all my trust in these sources rather than putting them second to Christ. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are the source of all wisdom; we humans only receive the little we know from Them and Their gifts of knowledge to us ...Mormonism teaches this.

A couple of my favorite verses of scripture:

"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.
Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen."


Nephi, an ancient American prophet recorded his strong sentiments regarding trusting in Jesus Christ. (2 Nephi 4:35-36) Nephi was a consistent, excellent example of trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ! Read all of Nephi's examples of faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ in the Book of Mormon.


Mormonism believes in learning from prophets in books of scripture about how to develop trust in Jesus Christ. 

Trusting in the Lord, Jesus Christ

Easily guided by Christ

Q&A about Mormonism and Jesus Christ:  www.mormontopics.org
Numerous references about Christ and Mormonism: www.lds.org
Meet Mormons at www.mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment