Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mormonism: Scripture Study

Mormonism: Scripture Study


Mormonism has emphasized personal scripture study from the very beginning. It is by personal study and prayer of the scriptures that a person comes to know the truth about them and the Savior Jesus Christ!

Modern day prophets have taught the Mormonism principle of studying the scriptures on a daily basis. Not just reading the scriptures, but studying and praying for the Spirit of God to help enlighten our minds while reading the scriptures.

We will not know all we want to know but, the scriptures provide enough of God's will for us to live our lives in faith.



Some people study the scriptures from the first page to the last page. Others study the scriptures by topic, using the index pages. The last few years I have studied the scriptures by first deciding what it is that I want to learn for my life, then I read cover to cover focusing on finding the answers or directions to my quest. I highlight the verses of scripture I find then when I'm finished with the last page, I start over again, but now only reading the passages I have highlighted for my topic of pursuit.

Loving the Scriptures

I have learned to love the scriptures by relying on them for inspiration, and emotional/spiritual buoyancy in my life. I read my scriptures every day during a time I won't be disturbed. Sometimes I pray specifically for understanding of what I will read. The scriptures provide a spiritual feeling that lets me know what I'm reading is truly of God. I can learn about the life of Jesus Christ and his many prophets and disciples for myself. I can depend on the scriptures to give me personal strength in my day. Sometimes I consider my scriptures my best friend... They are always there for me anytime I need them!

Words with Friends


Learn More About Scripture Study and Mormonism:

Q&A about Mormonisms

Official Church web site with online scriptures

Meet Mormons and read their Beliefs

Free Book of Mormon to add to your scriptures

No comments:

Post a Comment