Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Mormonism: How I Feel About Temples

Mormonism: How I Feel About Temples

Mormonism and temples -- Mormon temples. I've never been to another religion's or culture's temple. I've been to other religion's buildings of worship, though. Although the architecture and adornments may be made with great care and detail, I don't feel or sense the light and spirit I feel in Mormon chapels or temples. 

Mormonism encompasses both service and worship in their temples. I can go to any Mormon or LDS temple and give service to God and my fellow beings; or I can go and read the scriptures, meditate, pray and listen for guidance from God in my life. 

The scriptures contain a lot of symbolism; Jesus Christ spoke in parables; and temples have symbolism within. Symbolism allows people to learn what they are prepared to learn. I can learn or feel the spirit of God at the spiritual level I'm at in my own life, while another person can do the same at their spiritual levels. 

I love the temples; I love the strong, yet peaceful feeling within their walls. I acknowledge that I don't understand the scriptures or temple teachings completely, but I cannot deny the Spirit of God I sense every time I go to one of the Mormon temples.

Watch this video of a family's sacrifice to go to the House of the Lord (a Mormon temple) in order to be sealed together for eternity!

I am grateful for temples. Often the temple is the only place I can feel peace amid all the turmoil of life's trials. That feeling of peace is unique to the House of the Lord which every Mormon temple is.It is a privilege to be able to enter in such a sacred place. Sometimes I have to work hard at having my life in good order to enter into the temples; sometimes it's easy to obey God's commandments... either way, the sacrifice of obedience and faith is worth the blessings of God's temples.

Read and learn more about Mormonism and Temples:

Lots about Mormons and Mormonism http://www.mormon.org
Search any topic about Mormonism and temples www.lds.org
CHAT live with a Mormon about your questions www.mormon.org/chat?cid=sgo-csm-cm

No comments:

Post a Comment